Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grilled Turkey & Havarti

This is something I made up. Which usually turn out being my favorite things. Although I can't really take all the credit for this masterpiece because it was inspired by one of the signature sandwiches at Safeway. It has also made me fall in love with havarti cheese.... Mmmm....

Grilled Turkey & Havarti

2 pieces of wheat bread
a slice of havarti cheese (sliced from the deli)
honey mustard
4-6 quartered artichoke hearts (marinated or not, but I prefer the little spice that the marinated ones add)
3-5 thin slices of deli sliced turkey
Spray butter

1. Lightly spray one side of each piece of bread the lay them on your pan to grill.

2. Spread honey mustard on both pieces of bread.
3. Lay your slice of havarti cheese on one piece of bread, with turkey folded on the other.
4. Place artichoke hearts on top of turkey.

5. Turn on your stove and grill for about 2 minutes until you can see the havarti start to heat. Take a spatula and put the sandwich together and grill until nice and crispy brown. Enjoy!

This sandwich is SO good! The way the make it in the store is in the oven and they toast it, but I have found that the oven scorches the cheese and you don't want to do that. Anyway, try it!

No comments: