Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
4 tsp. Honey (the original recipe called for 4 tbsp, we thought that was too much, add what you will)
2 tbsp. Lime juice (I just buy a whole lime and squeeze it, it makes about 2 tbsps. but extra doesn't hurt)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 large can Green enchilada sauce
4 chicken breasts - cooked and shredded (or you can use 2-3 of the large canned chicken)
Mexican Shredded Cheese (or regular if you don't have this kind)
Tortillas (the recipe calls for medium size flour tortillas, I prefer the small fajita size flour tortillas, but to cut calories you can use corn tortillas as well)
Sour Cream - optional
Mix honey, lime juice, oil, chili powder, garlic powder and about half of the green enchilada sauce in a bowl with the shredded chicken. Roll chicken mixture in warm tortillas (if they are cold they don't roll well, nuke for 10 seconds or so) with cheese and sour cream if desired. Spray pan with non-stick spray, and a little of the green enchilada sauce. Layer rolled enchiladas side by side in a baking dish, top with remaining green enchilada sauce and a little cheese(I love the enchilada sauce, so I end up needing another small can to top the enchiladas off). Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Beware, these make quite a bit. The last time I made these, I followed this recipe to the letter using sour cream and small tortillas and it made a full 9x13 pan plus and 9x9 pan of enchiladas. Not a problem for us, we ate them for dinner twice!
1 comment:
I tried this dish....can I just say YUM!!!!! It was heaven in my mouth! :) SO GOOD!!!! I think I have found my new favorite enchilada recipe! Thank you for sharing!! Keep 'em coming! :)
Post a Comment