Ranch Chicken Bake
Ingredients:
1/2 large loaf French bread (cut the whole loaf in half lengthwise and use one half) or 1 small/medium loaf cut in half lengthwise.
2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded (i used a large can of canned chicken)
8oz (1-2c) grated mozzarella cheese (or slices of provolone)
1 medium tomato, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp light sour cream or mayo
ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley Light)
Directions:
Preheat broiler, or bring oven to 400. In a small bowl, combine chicken, green onions, sour cream or mayo, and enough ranch dressing to make a chicken salad (some people like very little, others prefer more dressing). Scoop and spread onto French bread. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese (or layer slices, if using the provolone cheese). Bake just until cheese is bubbly and golden. Cut into slices and serve.


2 comments:
Oh--this sounds sooo good! I will definitely try this, once I can eat bread again! Yum.
You are one crazy bakin' woman! Minus the tomatoes, since I'm allergic, this sounds good!
Post a Comment