Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crepes

I got this recipe from my Mom. She made these all the time when I was a kid, and I got a craving for them the other day so I got the recipe. She said she got the recipe from some old lady she knew, but altered it just a little. Here is the original recipe:

Crepes
6 Eggs
3 cups Milk
2 cups Flour
½ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. Brandy
4 tsp. Sugar

Mix together and drop a thin layer (1 tbsp.) into a hot greased pan. Cook until edges turns slightly brown and crisp and then flip and cook other side. Anything can be used as a filling, I prefer the sweet side.

*My mom said she excluded the Brandy, and also the sugar. She thought they were sweet enough already with the fillings.

My suggestions: Use a blender to mix the batter, it makes a smoother consistency. I halved the recipe and had leftovers, so beware that it makes a lot. I didn't add the brandy, but added 1 tsp. of the sugar, but honestly, it probably didn't need the sugar at all. Also, I must have used a large pan because it took 3-4 tbsp of batter to make one crepe. I served my crepes with Chocolate and Vanilla Pudding, Whipped Cream, Fruit - sliced bananas, strawberries and peaches. Having lots of options on the table makes a good variety for everyone. (Bo would've preferred some meat or something, but still liked them!)

No comments: