This is another childhood recipe I asked my mom for the other day. I have yet to make them, but plan on doing so soon.
German Pancakes
6 Eggs
1 cup Flour
1 cup Milk
1 tsp. Salt
Preheat oven to 400°. Mix batter until smooth, a blender may be helpful. Put 2-3 tbsp. butter in a 11x13 pan and put in the oven to melt the butter until it is bubbly, be sure not to burn it. Take pan out and add batter to pan then put back in the oven to cook. Cook about 20 minutes or until the edges rise and are golden brown. Serve with syrup, fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar, etc.
*Using the whole batter in the 11x13 pan makes a bit of a thicker pancake, if you prefer them thinner use a 8x8 pan along with the 11x13.
*In searching for a picture to include I found this serving idea, making individual pancakes by using muffin tins. Be sure to grease the tins really well, and bake for only about 15 minutes, again watch them until they are puffy and golden brown.

No comments:
Post a Comment