Chili
½ - 1 lb. ground beef, browned
3 cans kidney beans
1 large can tomato sauce
2 Tb. chili powder
1 Tb. taco seasoning
1 tsp. cumin
2 garlic cloves
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. basil
onion
bell peppers
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Serve with corn bread.
Corn Bread
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup melted butter
Sift together: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in cornmeal.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs slightly, add milk and melted butter.
Combine with dry ingredients, stirring only until moist.
Pour into a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
Optional: drizzle with honey before baking.
2 comments:
I tried this and it turned out great! I substituted a couple things, I used 2 cans kidney beans, one can pinto beans and 1 can ranch style beans. Instead of 1 large can tomato sauce, I used 2 small cans and 1 can stewed tomatoes. I also used dehydrated onions instead of real, and I used one bell pepper and one red chile. And instead of cutting cloves of garlic, I used the pre-cut ones that come in the bottle, and used 2 tablespoons of it. I took this to our ward chili cook off and should've entered it into the contest. I'm sure it would've won. I tried the ones that did win, and this was so much better. Very full of flavor! Thanks La!
I didn't try the corn bread recipe though, I had one already. But I want to try it because it's different than the one I have.
Post a Comment