This is one of Bo's favorite things that I make. I learned it from my friend Shawna. She laughed when she heard that we make it frequently. It's a nice, quick meal, that's relatively cheap for those times when you are straped by your budget.
Spam, Eggs & Rice
1 Can of Spam
2 cups of uncooked minute Rice
6-9 eggs (depending on how "eggy" you want it)
3-4 tbsp. Oil (I use olive oil)
Cook rice according to instructions on the box. Set aside. Cube Spam.
Crack eggs & beat. Heat oil in a large pan and scramble eggs. When the eggs are still soft and semi runny add spam to heat it. When eggs are cooked add cooked rice and mix well breaking up any large pieces of egg. Serve with Soy sauce.
*This really is just a version of fried rice, except the rice isn't fried. Healthier, maybe? Okay, maybe not with how unhealthy spam is... :)
**If you don't like spam, you could use cubed ham.
Bo likes his with soy sauce and a little cayenne pepper, I stick with just soy sauce. My 3-year old even likes it.
2 comments:
So, Tyson saw this recipe and called me from work and said "I am making dinner". That doesn't happen too often. He made this. I was a little nervous, but it was actually quite tasty. We bought some Spam for food storage meat and I have never had Spam in my life....not too shabby...but quite salty! ;)
Post a Comment