Monday, August 17, 2009

White Chicken Chili

Sauté in Pan:

3 Chicken Breasts (or 12 chicken tenders) cooked w/ salt & pepper, then cubed. (I prefer less chicken)
1 Tb. Vegetable oil
½ tsp. Garlic powder
1 can of chopped green chiles
½ small yellow onion, chopped

Whisk together in a crock pot:
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of evaporated milk
1 cup water
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Dried or ground oregano
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ cup sour cream

Add to crock pot mixture:
1-2 cans of corn, drained
2 cans of northern beans, rinsed & drained (I usually add a third can of beans.)

Add the sauteed mixture to the crock pot & stir well.

Heat in crock pot on low for as long as you need to. I usually leave it for 5 or 6 hours. Remove the lid ½ hour before serving. This will thicken it up a bit. This recipe can also be warmed on the stove to serve immediately.

Serving suggestions: grated cheese, crushed saltine crackers, Fritos. (I prefer saltines, John prefers Fritos)

Note: To make this spicier you can add more green chiles, cumin and cayenne.

1 comment:

Cheese India said...

The idea of corn addition for the white gravy seems interesting. Surely will try this!