Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 chicken breasts
3 C chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes, diced or whole
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can corn
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
1/2 t smoked paprika
1/2 t chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, blended
flour tortillas, or corn chips
Go to the website for the directions and some great pictures to go along with it.
A couple of notes:
This was really good. John and I gave it an enthusiastic thumbs-up, and our kids ate it, too.
I can't make a recipe without modifying it a little. I only used 1/2 a package of cream cheese and I added 1/4-ish teaspoon of chipotle powder. Also, I couldn't find smoked paprika, so I used regular.
The chipotle peppers and adobo sauce is a little can in the mexican food aisle at the store. She suggests blenderizing the whole can and freezing it in a bag and then breaking off chunks, but I found it so thick that I thought it would not blenderize well. So I just put in the freezer without blenderizing it. And I was able to break off a piece easily and then blenderize what I needed for the recipe with a little of the chicken broth (and the green chilies and tomatoes, since my kids and I are opposed to chunks)
It seemed too runny to put into tortillas, so we just put it in bowls with avocado and ate it with chips.
1 comment:
I had this marked on Pinterest, so I'm glad to know that you liked it. I should start posting all the recipes that I try from there, on here.
Post a Comment