Friday, March 28, 2008

Thin-n-Crispy BBQ Chicken Pizza

This recipe was inspired by the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I got the idea from there, but tweaked it for my own personal tastes.

------

Thin-n-Crispy BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 Tortilla
2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2/3 chicken*

1/4 cup slivered red onion (optional)
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)

Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Put tortilla on a cookie sheet (no grease) and put in the oven to crisp. Cook on both sides of the tortilla for 4 to 5 minutes each. Remove from oven, spread BBQ sauce evenly then top with chicken, cheese and the optional ingredients is so desired. Put back in the oven and cook until the cheese melts. Cut into wedges and serve. This can be served as an appetizer or eaten by one person for a meal/snack.

To cut down on calories, use a low-fat tortilla - it really doesn't taste any different. For even less calories, try to use a BBQ sauce that has low sugar.

*I tried a couple different things with the chicken. I tried cooked, chopped-up chicken breast and didn't like it very much. The best I found was to use canned chicken. I used as much as I wanted and put the rest in the fridge for another use. I also tried it with cheddar cheese and didn't like the flavor and when I switched to mozzarella I was much more pleased with it.

3 comments:

John and Laura said...

So whatever happened to the deep-fried and coated in chocolate recipe, huh?

Another healthy recipe, I tell ya, what's this world coming to??

Mallory said...

Oh my gosh! this is SO good!! im so glad that you posted this recipe!

Mallory said...

oh, ps.. i used a whole wheat tortilla... YUM YUM YUM!!