Friday, July 18, 2008

Potato Salad

I hear I make a pretty mean potato salad, so I'll try to type out the recipe. I do it all from memory, and without measurements, so bare with me.

Potato Salad

10 potatoes
10 eggs
Miracle Whip
Mustard
Pickles
Olives
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Onions - optional

Scrub about 10 medium sized potatoes. With the skins on, pressure cook them for about 15-20 minutes. They can also be boiled, boil until you can poke them easily with a fork. Cool the potatoes, when cooled, peel them and chop them into chunks into a large bowl. While cooking the potatoes, boil the eggs for about 10 minutes. Peel and chop into the bowl as well. I usually use about half a jar of miracle whip, and maybe about a ¼ c. mustard. While everything is cooking I cut the pickles, I like to use baby dill pickles because they are usually more crunchy. I cut them into fourths long-wise and the slice them into smaller pieces (I like lots of pickles, so I usually use most, if not all of the jar), then add to bowl. Season to taste. If you are adding raw onions, you don't need to use onion powder. Mix and top with sliced olives.

No comments: