Bo's favorite thing to eat is biscuits and gravy. I've had to learn how to cook it well to make him happy. My dad makes awesome gravy, and I've tried to mimic his perfection. I still work on it, but I've got it pretty close. So here is the recipe for the gravy, just serve it over biscuits.
Sausage Gravy
1 lb. Sausage
½ - ¾ c. flour
Milk
Salt and pepper
Brown the sausage in a large frying pan. My dad uses the hot flavored sausage for better flavor. I use it as well, but it makes the gravy a little spicy, so if you don't like spice I'd choose a different flavor. Once sausage is browned turn to low, sprinkle the flour in small amounts, onto the sausage and mix to absorb. Once all the flour is absorbed start adding milk and return heat to med/high. I'm not sure how much milk is actually added, but it's probably somewhere between 2 and 3 cups. Add a cup at a time and stir, continually stir so the gravy does clump. Add salt and pepper to taste. The amount of milk added will vary depending on how thick you want your gravy, when you reach your desired thickness, turn to low and warm it until served.
No comments:
Post a Comment