Thursday, July 24, 2008

Salsa?

Does anyone have any good recipes for Salsa? I've never made it before, and I can't imagine that it's too hard, but I wondered what other people put in their Salsa. Help me out here...

3 comments:

Mallory said...

my mom makes a good salsa. I'll have to post the recipe. Jon doesn't like it because its not Chunky salsa, its thin but i really like the way it tastes.

Anonymous said...

whatever fresh veggies you have from your garden, the usual work great...the key in ours (i love to eat it fresh) is lime juice squeezed and cilantro! enjoy!

Mallory said...

1 can crushed or diced tomatoes
1/4 cup onion (about)
1-2 chopped cloves of garlic
1-2 sprigs of cilantro (i use 4-5)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 lime, juiced or lemon (i like lime)
3 to 4 thin slices of jalapeno or hot pepper of your liking
Put all ingridence in a blender blend until all chopped up

You cannot double the recipe it doesn't work out.