Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

I made an awesome smoothie for breakfast this morning that I just had to share. I am estimating on the amounts of ingredients I added, because I just dumped stuff in. I even made it non-dairy so I could share it with my lactose-intolerant daughter.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1 c. frozen fresh strawberries
2 Bananas
1/2 c. soy milk
1/2 c. orange juice
1-2 cups crushed ice

1 tsp. Organic Cane Sugar - Optional

I washed and cut my strawberries last night and put them in the freezer. I froze them whole which made it a bit problematic to blend, so freeze them cut in pieces. Put strawberries in blender with bananas (I used green/yellow bananas and it cut down on the over-powering banana flavor that happens with more ripe bananas), soy milk (I used vanilla flavor because that's what I had, and it didn't make it weird flavored), and orange juice in blender, blend until smooth. Then add crushed ice and again blend until smooth. I added a teaspoon of sugar because I thought it needed to be a little sweeter, but it is just optional to add. Enjoy!

No comments: